It is only getting hotter in Texas, make sure you and everyone you know stays safe in this heat.
- Take frequent breaks if you must work outdoors.
- Check on your animals frequently to ensure that they are not suffering from the heat.
- Never leave children or pets alone in enclosed vehicles.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids even if you do not feel thirsty. Avoid drinks with caffeine or alcohol.
- Slow down, stay indoors and avoid strenuous exercise during the hottest part of the day.
- Be aware of both the temperature and the heat index. The heat index is the temperature the body feels when the effects of heat and humidity are combined.