Here are some common business insurance policies and what they cover-
- GENERAL LIABILITY INSURANCE covers liability lawsuits over third-party injuries, third-party property damage, or advertising injuries like defamation or copyright infringement.
- BUSINESS OWNER’S POLICY (BOP) combines general liability insurance with commercial property insurance -usually at a lower cost than when purchased separately.
- WORKERS’ COMPENSATION INSURANCE will pay medical expenses and lost wages for work-related injuries or illnesses. Coverage usually includes employer’s liability insurance that protects against employee lawsuits over negligence.
- COMMERCIAL AUTO INSURANCE covers medical expenses, property damage, and legal bills if your business vehicle causes an accident.
- COMMERCIAL PROPERTY INSURACE pays to repair or replace stolen, lost, or damaged business property, including your office or workspace, inventory, equipment and furnishings.
- BUSINESS INTERRUPTION INSURANCE may be included in a BOP or commercial property policy and covers operating costs if your business is forced to temporarily close due to a storm, fire or other event.
- PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY INSURANCE also known as Errors and Omissions insurance (E&O), covers lawsuits over work mistakes, oversights and negligence.