To obtain a bond with us:
- You must first go to the DMV and obtain a rejection letter. This is our permission to write a bond and specifies the value of the bond. Also, this indicates any active liens on the vehicle. This letter or bond kit will cost you $15.00.
Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
2425 Gravel Dr
Fort Worth, TX 76118
- Before you leave the DMV counter:
- check the letter for accuracy. Verify the correct spelling on name, address, apt #, City, zip and VIN.
- Look under ‘Notice of Rejection Information’ for Lien on Record Yes or No. If Yes, the vehicle has a lien that is less than 10 years old. Immediately ask to purchase a copy of the VTR record. This will cost you $2. This will show you who has the lien on the title.
- Once you know, look through your paperwork to see if you’ve got anything from that company indicating the lien has been released or satisfied. Otherwise, you must contact them to obtain a letter of release or satisfied lien in order to obtain a bond.
- Bring to our office:
- all items from DMV
- bill of sale, REQUIRED if there is indication of a lien
- letter of lien release.satisfaction, if applicable
*Price for Bonds:
- Base price: $110 for bonds valued at $0 -$3000
- Price increase slightly as values increase.
(Example: A $6000 bond is $150.00)